About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Suicide Squad

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 5 August 2016
Writer and Director: David Ayer
Running Time: 123 Minutes
Rating? N/A
SPOILERS? NOPE

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.7 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
It feels good to be bad...Assemble a team of the world's most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government's disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren't picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it's every man for himself?

MY REVIEW
Let's just go ahead and get to the heart of the review: It's not as great as it could have been and not as bad as you've heard. Nerds like me have been whispering about this movie for quite some time. We've discussed the controversial casting of Jared Leto as the Joker. We've anguished over the rumors of the reshoots and rewrites. Overall.. Is it a groundbreaking earth shattering movie? No. Is is pretty badass? Yes. Is it fun to watch? Yes. Should you go see it? Absolutely!
What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Jai Courtney! I absolutely love Jai and have since I saw Terminator Genisys. That guy is freaking adorable!!
  • The Performances and chemistry between the actors is a highlight of the movie for me. 
  • Visually stunning cinematography! 
  • Entertaining.
  • Harley Quinn's comic relief.
  • STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The Villain.That felt so poorly written that I just gave up mid-movie trying to figure out the why.
  • Will Smith's was really the only character that had a true developed story. The rest felt hollow. Like they gave you just a little information to base some formation of an opinion and then just gave up.
  • Jared Leto. Not that he was bad, he just was not the Joker for me. He was basically a crazier version of Jared Leto. 
  • Why the hell was Katana even there? That just made no sense to me at all. She was just kinda not there one minute and there the next.
  • The pace and transitions are chaotic. It is either too slow or much too fast in certain areas, but never felt like they got it just right.
  • Ending was rushed and overly predictable. 
On a more personal note..... Snapchat has the Cat Filter again. I love that one!! Took Dexxy to get his lip checked yesterday and baby Rocket went with me just for fun! Dexxy was diagnosed with Eosinophilip Granuloma Complex last month and got a shot and some TetraDecanol Complex (TDC) cream to put on his gums. Our vet said it should take about 3 months to clear up and a few more moths of the TDC before it's clear. Guess what? It's clear in one shot and one month of TDC! My Boy is a champ!! Rocket just wanted to sit in the vets chair and watch. He's such a weirdo!
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment