About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

TalHotBlond




GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 1 February 2009
     Netflix on 16 August 2016
Director: Courteney Cox (Yes, THAT one)
Writer: Trent Haaga and Barbara Schroeder
Running Time: 83 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.4 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
This is the true story of a love triangle that takes place almost entirely online. Lies lead to murder in real life, as a teenage vixen, screen name TalHotBlond, lures men into her web.

MY REVIEW
Wow, this was a pretty powerful documentary. I hadn't seen it when it originally came out, and I admittedly passed it up on Netflix a few time, but desperation and boredom lead to watching things you never would have in the first place. This was an almost unbelievable chain of events that I could never have thought would actually happen.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • This was a true story. That alone was the sad but albeit best part. The fact that this young man lost his life because of the lies and online gam played by this evil woman was shocking.
  • Whether the story fails in one way or another, the idea of holding a mirror up to the face of the dark and disturbing side of humanity is what is the most interesting piece of this movie. The person responsible for the act, Thomas, and his telling of his tale from prison is absolutely perfect. 
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Although this was a pretty decent documentary telling the story of the depraved actions of two people, it fails with the heavy analysis of who is responsible for the heinous act. This could have been a great parable to the dangers of online affairs and it turned into the muddled story of just one affair.
  • Could have been a lot more than it was.
On a more personal note..... Had fun with filters today!  Took this little gem of a selfie! Then, I happened upon Baby Dexter looking all adorable in the window and he just sat there and let me snap a few awesome photos! I love this little baby! And finally, the 3D Printer is working out splendidly! In the process of printing an Ironman mask! 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment