About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pontypool

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 6 Sept 2008
     Netflix 27 August 2016
Director: Bruce McDonald
Writer: Tony Burgess
Running Time: 93 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? Yes, but NOT THAT much!!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.7 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
A psychological thriller in which a deadly virus infects a small Ontario town.

MY REVIEW
This movie will appeal to a specific set of movie watchers. Myself being one of those people who appreciated the efforts of the direction and writing of this movie. 
     Is it a masterpiece? No
     Will it win an academy award? No
     Was it worth a watch? Yes.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • This is an intelligent horror movie. It's reminiscent of early Cronenberg where the watcher is treated to a set of experiences and is treated like a person who knows what's going on. I love it when I am not patronized.
  • Originality! A new and interesting twist on Zombie infection/infestation. The way the virus spreads in this movie is definitely inventive. 
  • The Scene. It's set in one location and you as the watcher are basically experiencing the event with the characters. The actors are brilliantly cast. Stephen McHattie is a bright star. His take on the radio DJ is quite interesting. He's irreverent and perfection at best! His voice seems to be a sedative that both calms and uneases.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • I would have preferred a little more blood and gore. That's not a true negative but it would have made me happier!! 
On a more personal note..... Baby Dexter had a check up this morning. He seems to be doing so much better. He had a case of Pancreatitis as well as his swelling from the Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex (Rat Ulcer) on his lip. He's a trooper!!We were also told that he is a little chunky for his size. He's Half Munchkin and should weigh no more than 8 pounds. He's almost 10.4. He needs to go on a little bit of a diet! We dropped him off and went to get some breakfast at Denny's. Then I finished up a little piece I was working on..
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment