About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Carl Panzram: The Spirit of Hatred and Vengeance


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 2011
     Netflix 21 August 2016
Director: John Borowski
Running Time: 81 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? Nope

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.4 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
This documentary examines the live of serial killer and rapist Carl Panzram who lived from 1891 to 1930. It examines how his life hardened him into a psychotic murderer. It also examines how a prison guard named Henry Lesser forged a friendship with him and encouraged him to write an autobiography.

MY REVIEW
I absolutely love Crime Documentaries, and with the amount that I watch on Netflix, the recommendations it gives to me occasionally are pretty awesome. So when this one was suggested, I was happy to watch. It's intriguing and disturbing all at the same time. Definitely unique to say the least and one of the least known serial killers of the 20th century. I had;t heard of this guy until this movie! This is insane that had it not been for the prison guard, Henry Lesser, sneaking him paper and pencils, this story may have never been told. Lost forever!!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • I think that John Borowski did a pretty awesome job with this documentary.  I loved his with on the H.H. Holmes Documentary. I think he did well fleshing out the story with such disparate and hard to prove information. Carl Panzram's writings were bog on stories and low on the details that could prove too much. Borowski did a lot of digging to find what he did. Great job!! This guy was a sadistic rapist from his youth in reform school. 
  • This story is disturbingly relevant. It's a good study on man's inhumanity to man. The hunan race is failing to see what could happen if people like this are not taken into consideration early on. I don't know what we could have done to prevent this, but still should have been on the radar.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • i get the face that they were trying to tell a story, but the dramatic, or, OVER-dramatic reenactments were at times laughable. They were pretty amusing though!!
On a more personal note..... Super good day today!! Started out this morning and took a few selfies on Snapchat!! I LOVE THOSE THINGS!! Then, off to the mall with my BFF Missy!! We had some lovely Coconut Caramel Macchiato's and then to the Limited, Old Navy and Bath and Body Works!! A tiny lunch, then back to my house and made steaks on the grill! 
             Love, Michelle
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment