About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, August 26, 2016

Don't Breathe


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 26 August 2016
Director: Fede Alvarez (Love this guy!!)
Writer: Fede Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues
Running Time: 88 Minutes
Rating? R (AND and It really needed that R!)
SPOILERS? NO, Because you should see this!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.1 of 10
MY RATING: 9

STORYLINE
A group of friends break into the house of a wealthy blind man, thinking they will get away with this perfect heist. They're very wrong.

MY REVIEW
Fede Alvarez, the director of Evil Dead (2013), a movie that I truly loved, was one of the main reasons that I really wanted to see this movie. Ever since, I've been on the watch for another from hum. This was a non-stop joyride for me with all of the trappings of what makes a successful horror thriller with a few hiccups. I will do my best not to give anything away!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Cinematography was brilliant! I definitely felt cues here from Hitchcock. Definitely a story told through visual cues as dialogue would have muddied the water. At times, I got lost in the visuals as they were very mesmerizing. The lighting of the sets, camerawork, makes it crazy perfect! There were moments when the camera would pan over through a scene and it was beautiful.
  • No cheap thrills here. This was well thought out and had just enough foreshadowing to make the watcher really feel involved in the story.
  • Sympathetic Monsters. This was done in a way that gave an unrelenting story to the watcher. Each item was dropped into out lap just like a puzzle piece that combined to form the complete character, a person who was not only endearing in some ways, but evil as well.
  • Stephen Lang!! What a performance! He was the star of this movie for me.
  • I was happy to see that Fede Alvarez used Jane Levy again after Evil Dead. I think she was pretty awesome!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The Plot Twist! Not going to give it away, but this was way less than what I was hoping for. PLUS, once the twist was initiated, they beat it like a dead horse!! Enough already, we get it!! Bad guys!!
  • A little too much cat and mouse. Reminiscent of The Strangers.
  • The ending was WAY too predictable!
On a more personal note..... Today was pretty damn brilliant! I got ready this morning to go out for the afternoon with my best girl Missy and had to document the awesome hair and make-up day!! Had fun with her for a while at the beach and headed home. I drew a little something and then drove out to the mall for a bit. Had a wonderful memory pop up on the way as I was listening to my iPhone on the radio. One Less Reason.. I'm Not (Happy For You) brings out some pretty fond memories for me! Almost a tear jerker...


"I wished on a star and it landed on you"

No comments:

Post a Comment