About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Burying the Ex


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 19 June 2015
     Netflix on 18 August 2016
Director: Joe Dante (Known for Gremlins, Interspace, The Burbs, Twilight Zone the Movie and THE HOWLING!)
Writer: Alan Trezza
Running Time: 89 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? Not Really

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.4 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
When Max (Yelchin) learns that his new live-in girlfriend, Evelyn (Greene) is controlling and manipulative, he is afraid to end the relationship. However, fate occurs and Evelyn is killed in a freak accident. A couple months have passed and Max meets his dream girl, Olivia (Daddario). The new romance gets tricky when Evelyn comes back from the grave and insists on continuing their once relationship by all means.


MY REVIEW
You know, I assumed that this was going to be just another piece of steaming horse crap, but it was actually a pretty fun watch. It's not the typical zombie movie and I think that may have been what made it a success for me. It was clever! I was impressed enough to give it an 8 of 10. There were still a few shortcomings, but it was a decent movie. Give it a try on Netflix before it goes away. I love the idea that breaking up is hard to do.. even after the clingy one dies!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Awkward love stories are always in my wheelhouse! I love the idea that not all love stories start in the same un-unique way. This movie offers more than its fair share of awkwardness!
  • Although the story is lackluster and missing some general polish, it's a simple and straightforward story. TONS of old school horror references for someone like me who may or may not be a Horror Movie Freak!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • So Many CLICHES!! Almost one or six too many to forgive.
  • The plot is pretty thin. Could have maybe spent a little more time fleshing out the story and plan and it may have fared a little better.
On a more personal note..... It was another pretty good day for me! I had two friends birthdays that were today, Ami and Ryan.  Unfortunately for Ryan, he wasn't here to enjoy the cupcakes that I made, but Ami came over and had some with me! I drew a guitar. I made some Roasted Teriyaki Duck and Feta Quesadillas, played with three of the four cats... So good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment