About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Rezort

RATINGS
IMDB: 5.3
MY RATING: 5

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 15 June 2016
   Netflix 11 Nov 2018
Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Director: Steve Barker
Writer: Paul Gerstenberger
Running Time: 93 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? NOT REALLY, one little one  :)

STORYLINE
Following a near-apocalyptic zombie outbreak, humans are back in control. In this day and age, people know how to handle the "Z's". The latest craze is "Zombie Safari". A chance to shoot the undead in the wild. The ultimate therapeutic revenge following the losses suffered during the outbreak. Little do the vacationers realize they're actually in a highly controlled environment, where the zombies are always kept at a safe distance. Nothing is left to chance, nothing is unplanned. So far.

MY REVIEW
Following a pandemic where millions of people were killed by zombies, why the hell not? The plot and general direction of this movie was strong. It's definitely not a high budget festival of delightful scenes, but it's a passable, original, jump-scare filled movie. Set your expectations to moderate and you'll be okay.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Writing/ Editing- Good job on the part of the writer Paul Gerstenberger in getting both an action packed first act. Makes sense, since most of his repertoire is TV shows.
  • Set Design and Location- Filmed in the Philippines., the set is amazingly beautiful. I love the juxtaposition of the island paradise and the flesh eating zombies..
  • Firearms, lots of guns, lots of BIG GUNS. (Insert prior military girl boner)
  • Zombies- The powers who were in charge decided to make the spectacular decision to go with the classic Romero style zombie. Good choice team. #Team Romero
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Writing/Editing- I would have liked if the "incident" was a little more slow to develop. It just kind of happens so fast that the view does not have a chance to take in the severity of the situation.
  • Special Effects- I know, it's low budget, but even low budget movies can get a decent special effects artist to help with the basics. If  you couldn't get it right with the big show-stopper style make-up, then you should have paired it back and did what you could. Could I have done it better? Nope. But I have watched all 10 seasons fo Face Off.
  • The "Why?"- So, we get little tiny bits of what happened and why, SPOILER, a zombie rights advocate (really, yes, that's what I said) made a computer virus that caused the incident. 
On a more personal note..... 
His Lordship, Oliver Cromwell was particularly adorable today. Well, so was I, so we both took some pictures. I finished another piece today. I am calling it "Tuscan Summer".

No comments:

Post a Comment