About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, November 16, 2018

Malevolent

RATINGS
IMDB: 4.8
MY RATING: 1 stretch to a 2

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 5 October 2018
   Netflix 16 Nov 2018
Genre: Horror
Director: Olaf de Fleur Johannesson
Writer:Ben Ketai and Eva Konstantopoulos
Running Time: 1 hour and 29 Min
Rating? TV-MA
SPOILERS? YES

STORYLINE
Siblings Jackson and Angela run a ghost hunting racket; swindling the bereaved with fake equipment and Angela's paranormal 'visions'. Hired to investigate an old foster home, the team uncover its terrifying past.

MY REVIEW
Oh, wow. I struggled with with the rating for this one. It was a solid 1 but had some moments of decency so I gave it a 2. If you want to save your sanity, skip this!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • CINEMATOGRAPHY- You know, typically, it's not the cinematography that saves a movie, but it was a close call for this one. 
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS and COSTUME DESIGN- Not too bad.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • WRITING and EDITING- This movie had a chance at success. It had all of the possible ingredients for a successful movie but failed to deliver on any of them. Where on earth did these people learn how to be humans? Do they not have any common sense? Speaking of the characters. Would have been nice to meet them. What do I mean? Well, there was really no development whatsoever other than the "Hello, I'm Jim".
  • DIRECTION- This was a lazy horror movie that made me do more of the work than the people who were supposed to be writing, editing and filming!
On a more personal note..... 
Because that movie was so terrible and I feel bad for making you waste your time reading this review, here are some ridiculously adorable pictures of my youngest baby boy, Lord Oliver Cromwell. He's 14 months old and I love his terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment