About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Babysitter

RATINGS
IMDB: 6.3
MY RATING: 6

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 13 October 2017
     Netflix 22 Nov 2018 
Genre: Comedy and Horror
Director: McG
Writer: Brian Duffield
Running Time: 12 Hour and 25 Minutes
Rating? TV-MA
SPOILERS? YES

STORYLINE
The events of one evening take an unexpected turn fo rate worse for a young boy trying to spy on his babysitter.

MY REVIEW
It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen and it was also not an award winner. If you set appropriate expectations and acknowledge the fact that this is a Netflix created, TV-MA rated, B level star filled comedy/horror romp, you will not be disappointed. 6 because I could not bring myself to go any higher. Think Tucker and Dale but not as good.

So, we have Cole, played by Judah Lewis, is WAY too old for a babysitter, but he is neurotic, scared and constantly being bullied. What do his parents do? Of course, hire a hot high school babysitter, Bee (Samara Weaving). Of course, the story starts with Cole staying up late to see what Bee and her friends drafter he goes to bed and boy does he discover a whopper!! She and her friends have just killed someone and are in the process of doing some sort of satanic ritual. Her friends include cheerleader Allison ( Bella Thorne ) handsome guy Max (Robbie Amell), nerdy and crazy Sonya (Hana Mae Lee) and John the Jock (Andrew Bachelor). Let the crazy ensue!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Writing and editing was pretty good. Started out with some really great and creating shots and ideas, but... (see What I did not like)
  • Pacing is really well done. Not a lot of down time to get bored and plenty of two-punch combinations of comedy and horror.
  • It's raunchy enough to be funny.
  • Cinematography was well done. I loved some of the shots and they really did a good job of alluding to some of the off screen stuff!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Continued from above-- but.... It really began to fall apart when the typical cliches breathe their fiery breath into every bit! Predictable as F&%K!
  • I KNOW!! It's a Netflix TV-MA rated HORROR movie. WHY did I think I would get the level of horror and gore that I really want? I don't know either. I must get my brain to comprehend this. This was lacking in a major way for me. They did a decent job with the death scenes but it should have been so, so, SO much more!
  • No where near enough to scare anyone. The jump scares were more like yawn scares!
  • Words flashing across the screen were ridiculous!
On a more personal note..... 
The kids were enjoying a little catnip on the floor in the afternoon. Oliver does love the nip! Late that night, we had our own little Thanksgiving for the kids! Left to right: Isabella, Jinx,Oliver, Dexter and Rocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment