About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, November 23, 2018

Bohemian Rhapsody

RATINGS
IMDB: 8.4
MY RATING: 7

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 2 November 2018
   Lynnhaven Mall AMC 23 Nov 2018
Genre: Biography, Drama, Music
Director: Bryan Singer
Writer: Anthony McCarten and Peter Morgan
Running Time: 2 Hours and 14 min
Staring: Rami MalekLucy Boynton and Gwilym Lee
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

STORYLINE
A chronicle of the years leading up toQueen's legendary appearance at the Live Aid concert in 1985.

MY REVIEW
This was a good movie. Don't get me wrong in the rating of 7. It was good, but it could have been better. The theme should have earned this an R. They just slightly touched on the the heart of Freddie Mercury; drug use, homosexuality, multiple sex partners, etc. If you didn't sing along then you're dead inside!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Rami Malek did an amazing job playing Freddie. (Thanks to Canadian Marc Martel for lending his voice to the icon himself). He only resembles Freddie on a very base level, but he did a wonderful job with his manner and his body language. It was perfection. Love!
  • The music- All EPIC!
  • I did like the story itself. I am a huge fan of beginning at the end and ending at the beginning if that makes sense. 
  • Favorite scene: The part where Ray Foster (Mike Myers) tells the boys that Bohemian Rhapsody is NOT the type of song that kids will sing along to in their cars. All I could see was the scene in Waynes World and smile.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • This was not the movie that it COULD have been. It truly needed an R rating to really bring Freddie to the big screen.  This was a sugar-coated pretty story that could. All surface, not a great deal of substance.
  • This movie was touted as a biopic. This was not the case. This was a retelling of a story with edits and modifications that were made to make the movie watchable and less "controversial."
On a more personal note..... 
A SnapChat Selfie, a New Car and a New Shot for the Blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment