About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Demonic


RATING
IMDB: 5.3 of 10
MY RATING: 2


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info:  10 October 2017
    Netflix 3 Nov 2018
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Director: Will Canon
Produced by James Wan
Writer:Max La BellaWill Canon
Running Time: 83 Minutes
Staring: Maria BelloFrank Grillo and Cody Horn
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

STORYLINE
Louisiana: Det. Mark Lewis is called to the notorious Livingston House and finds three bodies and one survivor, John. A team of ghost hunters, Bryan, John's pregnant girlfriend Michelle, Jules, Donnie and Sam, have decided to hold a seance. Marta Livingston committed a violent slaughter here years ago. It goes horribly wrong and evil spirits are released. Queue the interrogation of John while a technical team try to retrieve the hard disks and footage from the event.

MY REVIEW
Okay, so, I saw the cover and saw James Wan in decent size letters and then the smaller. Presents. So he was not thee writer, not the director, but had some interest in the movie. That is one of the first problems with this movie. The writing is horrific. It's a tale that has been overdone so much that within the first 20 minutes, I can guess the outcome. That could be the fact that I watch way too much horror as well. I didn't hate it, it just wasn't that good.


What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Maria Bello- she was good, even if she did always have a confused look on her face. It was as if she knew the shit show she was starring in was such a confusing piece of crap.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Cinematography- Found footage is my least favorite genre of film-making. The combination of actual directed footage in combination with the footage of the ghost hunters team placing the cabers and finally the footage of what the camera shot was not a successful join for me.
  • Writing- This felt to me like a "horror movie generator" came in and took a few pieces: Demons, Haunted House, seance and a bunch of dead kids, and spit out a movie. Just a bunch of desperate acts as the writers just tossed some crap into the air and let it fall down on the paper. And the final twist at the end. It was as if they knew the movie was failing and just tossed this in as an afterthought.  It's JUST not that interesting. 
  • Editing- I know a little about filming movies, not too much, but enough. I think they filmed a bunch of stuff and then sat in a room and taped it together. It's not exactly smooth transitions. The first hour of the movie is just blah and the majority of action is in the last 20 minutes.
On a more personal note..... 
Just a little Snapchat fun, made a delicious breakfast and walked in on Oliver who had crawled up on top of Rocket to got to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment