About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Dead Awake

RATINGS
IMDB: 4.6
MY RATING: 2

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 12 May 2017
     Netflix 22 Nov 2018
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Director: Phillip Guzman
Writer: Jeffrey Reddick
Running Time:  1 Hour and 39 minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? YES-ish

STORYLINE
A young woman must save herself and her friends from an ancient evil that stalks its victims through the real life phenemenon of sleep paralysis.

MY REVIEW
In my defense, I was bored and Netflix is full of movies that I have not seen. This movie was pretty horrible. So, if you take the premise of The Ring and toss in a little real life sleep disorders, shake in sprinkling of cliche and voila, you get this movie. I basically had to pause a few times and back up a few seconds to just check to see if I heard what I thought I heard. I gave it a 2 because fit did make me laugh. That is NOT what a scary movie is supposed to do, but whatevs!

At one point, Kate (Jocelin Donahue) and her deceased sisters boyfriend Evan (Jesse Bradford) as talking the the "Expert" on sleep paralysis demons, Dr. Hassan Davies (Jesse Borrego) and they ask him about "Did you try the online message boards?" to which he replied, "I didn't think of that!"

So, no real direction other than down for this movie. There was a complete lack of likability for any of the characters. The acting was amazingly horrible. This should have been released on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment