About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Girl in the Photographs

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 1 April 2015
     Netflix 7 July 2016
Director: Nick Simon
Writer: Osgood Perkins, Robert Morast and Nick Simon
Running Time: 98 Minutes
Staring:  Kal Penn, Claudia Lee, Kenny Wormald
Rating? R
SPOILERS? Yeah

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.5 of 10
MY RATING: 4

STORYLINE
A bored young woman in a sleepy community called Spearfish starts receiving photographs of brutally murdered young women. Are they real or staged? The culprit is either a serial killer or some creep with a sick sense of humour.

MY REVIEW
This was not a BAD movie. By no means was it great either! I do admit that I gave this movie a 4 for a reason. It could have been a 6 except for the tired number of cliches that were numerous! As a horror movie fanatic, I can point out the obvious rather quickly.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Some of the acting. Claudia Lee and Kenny Wormald to be exact, was pretty good. Claudia Lee is the secondary character and she was not bad. I think she was able to act her way through with finesse. She was a good damsel in distress.
  • Kal Penn. Oh Kal! I think you did a pretty decent job with this. He is appropriately full of himself and over the top. 
  • Great cinematography!! Filming and editing were aces!
  • Death Scenes were pretty spot on!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • This movie is RIDDLED with cliches! Just so many!  So, anytime there is a girl walking with another girl who offered to driver her to her car so "the killers don't get her" is gonna get murdered. Easy. Every time. When the girl goes to the cops to report the dastardly deeds, the cops don't believe her. Yep. That ALWYAS happens! Just too much!
  • The baddie was just weird. Not weird creepy, but just odd. He just didn't have that video for me to be the one killing people the whole time. 
  • Lack of suspense! They just about told you what they were planning on doing before they did it!
  • Too conventional for a slasher movie, the twists weren't twisty enough.
  • The director, Nick Simon, was also responsible for "The Pyramid" which I found to be pretty terrible. The writers were Oz Perkins (Son of Anthony Perkins) and Robert Morass.  I think they need to take the blame for the low rating.
  • Supporting cast! BOO!!
On a more personal note..... Had some Jinx time after work. He was awesome and wanted to sit with me while I was watching Shark Tank!! Gave Rocket a little weight check to see if he was getting close to 4 pounds.. FINALLY! He's 4 pounds! AND then, Isabella got into the catnip!
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment