About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, July 1, 2016

Final Girl

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 14 Aug 2015
     Netflix 1 July 2016
Director: Tyler Shields
Writer: Johnny Silver, Stephen Scarleta and Alejandro Seri
Running Time: 90 Minutes
Staring:  Abigail Breslin, Wes Bentley, Logan Huffman and Alexander Ludwig
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.7 of 10
MY RATING: 3

STORYLINE
Loner Veronica is new to school, shy and vulnerable, the perfect target for a group of teenage boys who lure girls into the woods to hunt and kill them for sport. Little do they know, Veronica is an assassin-in-training, and she's chosen killing these boys as her final test.

MY REVIEW
I feel like I need to write the film studio and ask them to pay me for the time that I lost while watching this movie. It's not that it was a steaming pile of shit, but it was almost as bad. Seriously, how did this movie get the 4.7 stars that it has currently on IMDB?

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • The compositions in the film are magnificent. Some of the scenes could have been beautiful portraits on the cover of a magazine. I loved the juxtaposition of the bright red against the pail skin and the dark against the light. It was beautiful! Cinematography alone gets this movie to a 3!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The acting was absolutely terrible! I felt like Abigail Breslin could and SHOULD have done so much better. She has the acting chops and has proven it in the past. This was a cold performance with what seemed to me like an almost indifference to the movie itself. Wes Bentley, whom i typically love was the same. I can maybe image that they were told to play them that way? But why? The dynamic of the young men who were "hunting" these young girls in the forest was quite nearly the best of the worst!
  • The story! The girl, Veronica played by Breslin was supposedly training for 10 years to be this killer. 10 YEARS and she still acts like she is a beginner in some of the scened. There is this weird dynamic between her and the trainer, Bentley. It was odd to say the least. I don't know why if they were training so long together and there was this closeness between then, why it would be better to let them NOT sleep together. They should have just had sex and got it out of the way. The tension was NOT helping!
On a more personal note..... I came home for lunch today since someone (me) forgot to get it from the fridge! I picked the little one and tried to get a few selfies with Rocket, however he had some other ideas. He was apparently not feeling very kiss faced today! After work was the Company Softball game. I put on my blue and my ABMG hat and threw in some pigtails... WE WON!

No comments:

Post a Comment