About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Private Number


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 1 May 2015
     Netflix 9 July 2016
Writer and Director: LazRael Lison
Running Time: 95 Minutes
Staring:  Judd Nelson, Tom Sizemore, Nicholle Tom, Hal Oxsan and a few others.
Rating? R
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.7 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
A series of cryptic phone messages and visions haunt a writer while he struggles to finish a novel. As they increase in intensity, he loses his grip on reality, eventually obsessing over an old mystery that will lead to horrific revelations about both him and his loyal wife.

MY REVIEW
I struggled with the first act of this movie. Not meaning that I struggled in a bad way but in the way that I connected on a very emotional level with the character of the wife, played by Nicholle Tom. I felt the distress in their marriage and it felt real. Really real! Almost too real to me at some times. I actually felt my heart sleep up at times feeling the feelings that she was having on screen. Tom was brilliant in this role as Katherine Lane. I could really sympathize with her struggle to deal with her husbands temperamental and detached feelings.  Michael Lane, her distant husband is played by Cypriot actor Hal Ozsan. I think he was pretty good. Not great, but good.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Great pace. Didn't have to wait around for the action to get started. I felt like the story was well on it's way within just a few minutes.
  • PLOT TWIST!! I loved it! I has suspected its but quickly moved to another option and I was delighted with the choice
  • Judd Nelson as the sheriff! I love him in this dark role. It was reminiscent of his role in the Made for TV movie Cabin by the Lake.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Although it was a good movie, it was not great. There was just something lacking. 
On a more personal note..... I had soon much fun today. My girlfriend's birthday barbecue was today. I went to her house and hung out with a bunch of Suffolk Firefighters, well and her! It was insanely hot out today, so it was nice to hang out in the backyard in the shade! Came home and I was accosted by a little ginger guy, Rocket, who was really intent on being held! I did get a moment of respite when he wanted to play with his big brother Jinx. Then, I washed my hair and DID NOT straighten it!! Let it curly and did a little Snapchat sesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment