About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, December 5, 2014

The Pyramid


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 5 Dec 2014
Running Time: 89 Minutes
Staring:  Ashley Henshaw, James Buckley, Denis O'Hare...
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES, but it's for your own benefit!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.7 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 11% Audience: 25%
MY RATING: 2 of 10

MY REVIEW:
This is just another take on dangerous exploration of the unknown location... think Descent. The poster was great, the preview looked awesome... the presentation, not so much. I absolutely LOVE Horror movies, and this leaves me with yet another bad aftertaste with modern Hollywood. What happened to the classic horror that was the late 70's early 80's?

I watch a lot of documentaries, especially about Egypt, and WHAT seasoned archeologist would venture into a newly found pyramid without so much as a few days or weeks, or even MONTHS of preparation!?!?!  Not a realistic idea.

Then, the idea of getting trapped and in a weird pyramid and waking up an ancient monster is a little cliched. I think I've seen that in at least ten movies in the last few years. YAWN. SOOO, predictable with the really bad CGI Anubis monster. Someone should have called a better Director and KNB Studios to make that horrible monster!

Another thing. Since when did the Ancient Egyptians use THOSE type of booby traps in pyramids. Such a big historical inaccuracy that it brought me out of the movie.

Last thing. The movie got it really wrong on a few things. I think someone should have paid for an Egyptologist to check the facts. NO- Anubis was NOT the son of Osiris, he was the son of Set. NO- the deceased were not weighted against Maat, they were weighed against a feather. NO- Anubis was not evil, but his dad was.

Just too much for me to deal with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment