About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We Are Still Here

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 18 December 2015
     Netflix 10 July 2016
Writer and Director: Ted Geoghegan
Running Time: 84 Minutes
Staring:  Barbara Crampton, Andrew Sensing and Lisa Marie
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? Yes

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.7 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
After their teenage son is killed in a car crash, Paul (Andrew Sensenig) and Anne (Barbara Crampton) move to the quiet New York countryside to try to start a new life for themselves. But the grieving couple unknowingly becomes the prey of a family of vengeful spirits that reside in their new home, and before long they discover that the seemingly peaceful town they've moved into is hiding a terrifyingly dark secret. Now they must find a way to overcome their sorrow and fight back against both the living and dead as the malicious ghosts threaten to pull their souls - and the soul of their lost son - into hell with them.

MY REVIEW
I must admit, I am a sucker for a horror movie and sometimes I just have to look past the idea that something is unrated and give it a shot. I am glad that I gave this one a chance. It's available on Netflix and if it's still there, I would go ahead and say to give it a go and see how you feel about it after!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • It does have a good classic horror feel to the movie. The setting, lighting, musical score and the direction seemed to give it a really old-world haunt feel. Good job!
  • Solid writing. I think the plot was interesting and well thought out. It was new and entertaining enough to keep me entertained. Yes, the story wasn't too original, but it was told in a way that was well thought out!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • What the hell was up with that ending? It felt like it was all slow and leading to an ending with some explanation that NEVER CAME!
On a more personal note..... Ah, the fun times at the house with a kitten! I looked cute this morning on the way out to work, so I took a selfie! Got home, ended up laying on the floor with Rocket for a little while and he decided that sitting on my tummy would be a great place to hang out! Then I made some dinner and reminisced about Italy for a little while on the phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment