About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Popstar

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 3 June 2016
     Watched 3 July 2016
Director: Richard Gabai
Writer: Timothy Barton
Running Time: 87 Minutes
Staring:  The Lonely Island (AKA: Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer), Sarah Silverman, Tim Meadows, Maya Rudolph, Joan Cusak, Justin Timberlake, Nas, Usher, 50 Cent, Ringo Starr, Simon Cowell, Adam Levine, Akon, Mariah Carey and Will Arnett.
I don't know who else they COULD have gotten to guest star in this movie!!
Rating? R (Content, Graphic Nudity (Female AND MALE!), language, sexual content and drug use.
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
When his new album fails to sell records, pop/rap superstar conner4real goes into a major tailspin and watches his celebrity high life begin to collapse. He'll try anything to bounce back, anything except reuniting with his old rap group The Style Boyz.
MY REVIEW
Truth be told, I went into this movie with serious reservations. I mean, I LOVE The Lonely Island. Seriously, Dick in a Box was  amazing!

It's told in a biography channel style mockumentary with Andy Samberg playing Connor who is a prior boy band star with his buddies Owen (Jorma Taccone) and Lawrence (Akiva Schaffer) who were the Style Boyz.

Connor is a Justin Bieber-sch pop star with some really awesomely terrible songs that range from offensive to crude.

It's funny all the way through with some pretty predictable nonsense. If you want to see a musical with heart and soul, this is not it. If you want to laugh your ass of with dick jokes this is your movie.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • I love a good documentary! This one was well-done!
  • Crude humor works well
  • The Lonely Island!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • It was a little Skittish- Like a REALLY LONG SNL SKIT!
On a more personal note..... OMG! Snapchat added a cat! I love this! And there was a moment today when I quite nearly spent $40 on a 4x12 piece of wood! Yes, something about half of the size of a piece of paper! BUT, the sign said "Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic." I love it. I will be making one for myself and it WILL NOT cost $40. But seriously, I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment