About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Star Trek Beyond

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 22 July 2016
     AMC Lynnhaven on 30 July 2016
Director: Justin Lin
Writers: Simon Pegg, Doug Jung, Gene Roddenberry, Robert Orci, Patrick McKay and John D. Payne
Running Time: 122 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.5 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
The first leg of the USS Enterprise's five year mission takes them into uncharted territory. There the Enterprise is nearly destroyed and strands Kirk and his crew on a remote planet with no means of communication. Kirk must then work with the elements to reunite his crew and get back to Earth.

MY REVIEW
I feel like I cheated on Star Wars, but I am a closet fan of Star Trek and well, I disappointed. I've been a HUGE Karl Urban fan since I saw the movie Ghost Ship in the early 2000's. I watched it if Desmond Harrington and ended up in love with Karl Urban!  Seriously, who wouldn't love that face!?! I am typically a JJ Abrams fan as well. I have not been disappointed in any of his work as of yet, so I felt like this movie was in good hands to say the least.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Simple illusions to the original Star Trek world. There are a few scenes at the beginning (not giving anything away) where Chris Pine has some amazing one-liners. If you pay attention, a Star Trek fan will see these and hear them throughout the movie. I liked that.
  • Fast Paced and Action packed.
  • The acting! What amazing performances from everyone. I especially loved Idris Elba, as a baddie, I was quite impressed.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • There are a few pieces that I had to just shake off and remember that it was just a movie. I tend to get wrapped up in the details and some of them were not quite what I would have wanted them to be. I won't go into the GREAT details, but there is a random large base in the middle of nowhere next to a large planet with habitable conditions. The likelihood of that is 1 in a kazillion, but I had to just let that one go.
On a more personal note..... I took this picture this week and thought this would be an appropriate time to post! Who doesn't JUST SO HAPPEN to have a 6'4"  Darth Vader statue in their living room? Well, the other day, I took a pretty awesome photo with the Lord of the Sith. I love it! After all, I am still a Star Wars girl at heart! AND, got a messenger bag.. Star Wars Chewbacca style of course!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment