About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Honeymoon

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 21 Sept 2014
     Netflix 17 July 2016
Director: Leigh Janiak
Writer: Phil Graziadei and Leigh Janiak
Running Time: 87 Minutes
Staring:  Rose LeslieHarry Treadway, Ben Huber and Hanna Brown
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES!

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 4

STORYLINE
Young newlyweds Paul and Bea travel to remote lake country for their honeymoon. Shortly after arriving, Paul finds Bea wandering and disoriented in the middle of the night. As she becomes more distant and her behavior increasingly peculiar, Paul begins to suspect something more sinister than sleepwalking took place in the woods.


MY REVIEW
Let's be honest about why I chose to watch this movie. Rose Leslie. I loved her as Ygritte on Game of Thrones. I think I heard about it a while back, but never really watched until now. The husband, played by Harry Treadway was in a ton of British TV and Penny Dreadful as Dr. Frankenstein... I didn't read any reviews prior to watching and I thought the premise was interesting but the lack of realism is what brought this from a  passable movie to a 4 of 10.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Rose Leslie and Harry Treadway did the best that they could with this lackluster script and somewhat shaky direction.  I loved them in their roles as much as I hated the story.
  • TONS of SEX! Yeah, judge me if you want, but I like that part!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • This was a DULL story with little bits of interesting tossed in for good measure. 
  • Unbelievable dialogue is what kicked this in the ass for me. I get that they are supposed to be newlyweds,  but the overly effusive and verbiage is in some places just too much for me to handle!  It was a distraction more than a plot strengthener.
  • This is NOT a horror movie. If they truly were trying for horror, they failed on so many levels! Science fiction would have been a better choice, but yes, they may have not attracted the viewers they wanted with that label, but it would have been honest. It's heavy on the science and light on the fiction. Utterly sad.
  • Lack of true foreshadowing and oddly placed lines with no resolution or completion of thoughts hat's just really make the watcher feel uncomfortable. Nothing really made sense in the final reveal at the end. What the hell was that? That wasn't an ending!
On a more personal note.....Today was a pretty good day! I've been trying to get back to running after many years of not keeping up. It was too hot today so I went to Planet Fitness and quote nearly hit my goal of a 10 minute mile!! I had to pause to take a pic of the screen at 1 mile. Yes, folks, that says 10:06. I was a few seconds off!! Next time!! And, after that, I came home and there is a curtain on the master bedroom door and I swung it over the guest room door to sweep the floor and SOMEHOW, Rocket made his way up there! He's a 6 Month old genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment