About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Listening

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 11 September 2015
     Netflix 27 September 2016
Writer and Director: Khalil Sullins
Running Time: 100 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? Yeah, but its not THAT good anyway

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.6 of 10
MY RATING: 4

STORYLINE
A team of genius-but-broke grad students invent mind-reading technology that destroys their lives and threatens the future of free-will itself.

MY REVIEW
When I first saw this title along with the story, I was intrigued. I mean, who has not thought about having the ability to read minds in the past? I know, I have often said that it would just be easier sometimes to just KNOW what people are thinking instead of trying to guess. Yes, of course, the dangers of KNOWING peoples thoughts are plenty. This could have been a good movie. The story was interesting, but not well done. The production design was good, but not above par. The acting was solid, but not high calibre. This was a GREAT study of the the answer to the question, "Would you want to be a telepath?"

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Thematic Treasure Trove: There were  great pieces in this movie about surveillance and mind control. The idea that mind control and telepathy could be used as a weapon to control the masses into doing someone else's will is exhilarating. The use cases are multiple especially with military or government access.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • First-Time director and writer Khalil Sullins did tinker with some interesting concepts, but the execution is where it fell flat for me.
  • There was a little too much pushing the characters at the viewer. It almost felt as if they were trying too hard to make you care about the characters. Example the personal problems of the young married couple, the extensive use of sexual innuendo during the early phases of the testing.


On a more personal note..... Today was baby Rocket's 8 Month Birthday! He's such a handsome baby boy!! He's growing up so fast! A little selfie in the afternoon and then started a new piece of art. It's not quite done, but it's coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment