About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Unborn

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 9 Jan 2009
     Netflix 11 Sept 2016
Writer and Director: David Goyer
Running Time: 1 Hour and 28 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NOPE!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.8 of 10
MY RATING: 5

STORYLINE
A young woman fights the spirit that is slowly taking possession of her..

MY REVIEW
It gets partial credit for trying. It was quite nearly a good movie. Having seen the trailers and knowing that David Goyer also directed "The Dark Knight", I gave it a go. I was hoping to be entertained for at least 90 minutes. I was mistaken for most of that.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • A few pretty decent special effects.
  • Points for making this a horror-comedy, at least unintentionally!
  • Lots of things keep happening that further the thin plot. It was able to salvage itself. Just barely.
  • Cam Gigandet was worth the watch! (Adorbs!!) This guy!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Much too "by the book" for typical horror.. Childhood trauma, nightmares and not-so-subtle homages to classic horror. 
  • With heavy and obvious steps, this movie tramples into your face with it's obvious scares that are utter failures.
On a more personal note..... I made a lovely trifle for the dessert. We are having a few people over for dinner and I wanted something tasty and light to serve for dessert. This is layered with Butter Pound Cake, Fresh vanilla Cream, Strawberries, Chocolate Ganache and some dark chocolate shavings. Then, I finished the 4th in the series of Italy drawings that I was working on.. Cinque Terre. Love this one and ABSOLUTELY loved my memories of being there! Bought some chalk as well today and tried a little something with that. This little tree is the product of about 15 minutes with some paper and chalk! 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment