About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Dead Room

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 8 April 2016
     Netflix on 8 Spet 2016
Director: Jason Sutter
Writer: Jason Sutter and Kevin Stevens
Running Time: 80 Minutes
Rating? N/A
SPOILERS? Yes-ish  

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.7 of 10
MY RATING: 4

STORYLINE
When a terrified family flees a desolate southern New Zealand farmhouse, two cynical scientists and a young psychic are sent to investigate their claims of a haunting. There they encounter a powerful spirit that will protect the house's secrets at all costs.


MY REVIEW
So, I was a little excited to see this movie. I know it was based on an urban legend about a farmhouse in Otago, NZ where two science teachers in the 70's  tried to debunk the haunted house and ended up fleeing the scene. (CLICK HERE to read the article in Stuff.com) That in itself was interesting to me.  I love a good debunking story!! This was not going to be that awesome movie for me. It was good, but not great. Lacking in some essential pieces.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • I think they did a pretty good job with the small budget ($) and mediocre writing.
  • It was good, not great, no blood. Easy for some
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Just too agonizingly slow!! I mean, if it were slow with an excellent story it would have been forgiven, but this was not that!
  • It's pretty generic and unscary and lacking in any sense of suspense. There was no foreshadowing. I guessed the plot as i was watching. 
  • There is absolutely no chemistry between the characters. They were unbelievable at best.
On a more personal note..... Ah, my little guy, Dexter Morgan, has some serious separation anxiety I think. He just does not not to be away from me these days. He's about 14.5 months old and I've been super cuddly with him since day one! I did some baking this afternoon as well. I think the apron in the middle picture says it all. I finished the 2nd in the series of Italy. The Colosseum. I remember the first day that I ever say it back in November of 2005.. Love that memory!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment