About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hellions

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 25 January 2015
     Netflix on 6 Sept 2016
Director: Bruce McDonald
Writer: Pascal Trottier
Running Time: 80 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.3 of 10
MY RATING: 3

STORYLINE
A teenager must survive a Halloween night from Hell when malevolent trick-or-treaters come knocking at her door.

MY REVIEW
Director Bruce McDonald, who also directed Pontypool, did what can only be described as below mediocre. It had a great premise that sucked me into the Netflix story. I may have not been the right audience for this movie.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Visually, this is a masterpiece. It's dark and dreary with hints of color and wash with visual and aural cues. 
  • The story is different, not different enough or done well enough to make it better.
  • Creepy as fuck kids!!
  • Robert Patrick. Yes, Robert Patrick from Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, The Men Who Stare at Goats, Walk the Line, the X-Files, the Sporanos, Fire in the Sky and about 100 other amazing movies. He was a gem in this movie of pure charcoal!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The story is very loose and does not feel like it's fully fleshed out. Lacking the ligaments that hold the muscle of the story together. Disjointed and lacking cohesion.
  • So we have child-like demons surrounding the house of the pregnant teen demanding that she hand over the child. This is silly. She's just found out that she is pregnant. How the hell is she gonna hand over the kid? Was this supposed to be some sort of hidden pro-life agenda crap?
  • Who wrote this? Have they ever heard of a plot line?
On a more personal note..... Baby Dexter. I can't say enough about this little guy! He was super helpful to me today. I was finishing up the first in the Italy Series of Venice and watching Dexter on the iPad. Of course, Dexter is named after the serial killer!! He loves watching it with me!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment