About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

ARQ

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 16 September 2016
Netflix Original Film
     Netflix 22 September 2016
Writer and Director: Tony Elliott (You may know him from Orphan Black)
Running Time: 88 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.5 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
Trapped in a lab and stuck in a time loop, a disoriented couple fends off masked raiders while harboring a new energy source that could save humanity.

MY REVIEW
I read the story synopsis and at first I was like, great, another Groundhog Day movie. But it sounded interesting and I decided to give it a shot. I am very glad that I did. I think we've all had those nightmares where we relive the same day over and over and OVER again! This felt like one of those on steroids. It was enjoyable. Not great, but a decent hour and a half.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Solid Writing, not A+, but good enough. Very cerebral. Definitely asks a lot of the watcher to be aware and actually pay attention. I did and I was happy.
  • Did not treat the watcher like an idiot. I feel like the writer treated us like actual adults who were capable of rational thought. Thank you Mr. Elliot for using basic common sense with this one!
  • That MUSIC!  Dear Sound Editors: You guys did an fucking amazing job! (Raises glass)
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • I did shake my head as it totally set up ARQ2. I hate it when it's that OBVIOUS!
  • Shaky cam adjacent. It wasn't quite shaky, but it was annoying.
On a more personal note..... I was a little more than bored today. I ended up taking a lot of selfies on Snapchat. Here are a few of the ones that I enjoyed the most. 

SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment