About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Ghostbusters

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 15 July 2016
Director: Paul Feig
Writers: Katie Dippold and Paul Feig
Running Time: 1 Hour and 56 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES, sorry not sorry

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.4 of 10
MY RATING: 3

STORYLINE
Following a ghost invasion of Manhattan, paranormal enthusiasts Erin Gilbert and Abby Yates, nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzmann and subway worker Patty Tolan band together to stop the otherworldly threat.

MY REVIEW
Okay, It wasn't THAT bad. I wasn't too excited about seeing it though, so that being said, it was just ehh. I really liked the original Ghostbusters, and NO, this review was not written with that in mind. This was meant to be a stand alone movie that lives in an alternate universe from the original movie.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • It made fun of itself. That was really the only thing that I liked about it.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • All the men in this movie are portrayed as idiots. I was not a huge fan of that at all. If it were the other way around, it would have been just another movie from the 50's.
  • The special effects were not that special.
  • SO MUCH product placement!!


On a more personal note..... Some fun tonight. Before the movie, I made steak and salad with fries and sautéed mushrooms. After, I made a cake.. chocolate with chocolate ganache with lettering that spelled out.. "Michelle is Awesome". True statement. AND I finished another drawing tonight. This one is going right into the mail tomorrow to one of my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment