About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Timer

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 14 May 2010
     Netflix 10 Oct 2016
Writer and Director: Jac Schaeffer
Running Time: 99 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.6 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
When implanted in a person's wrist, a TiMER counts down to the day the wearer finds their true love. But Oona O'Leary faces the rare dilemma of a blank TiMER. Her soul mate, whoever and wherever he may be, has not had their TiMER implanted so her wrist is blinking all dashes. Staring down the barrel of thirty and tired of waiting for her would-be life partner to get on with it already, she breaks her own ruled and falls for Mikey. He's a young and charming supermarket clerk with a countdown on his timer of 4 months. 

MY REVIEW
This movie resonated with me on multiple levels. The fact that they used in this movie was that with the use of the TiMER, you could KNOW if you found the ONE. Imagine it, you could know! I mean, we've all taken chances and fallen for someone whom we shouldn't have and this invention would have stopped you from making that bad choice. I found myself stopping and going back a few times and even watching this movie a few more times. This was good. It's witty and focused and smart.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Brilliant concept. This was not something that I had every really heard of as a movie plot before. It was a great take on the epic search for love in the modern time.
  • Character development was on point. Even the sub-plot people were developed and full of life.
  • Cinematography was on point. I loved the use of colors to define sections and people.
  • I loved the idea that was set in this movie.. the what if factor. Hat if the person who you are connected to and quite possibly love is NOT the "ONE?" What would you do? Would you risk a good relationship to find out?
  • The idea that Oona, Emma Caulfield, must look down at her blinking timer with no idea when or if her "ONE" will ever appear. It's heart heartwrenching.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The only real beef that I have with this movie is the story does go right down the path to the most obvious trail. 


On a more personal note..... So, we had a hurricane blow through Saturday night/ Sunday morning. The first pic is of me brushing my teeth Saturday night in the dark using a flashlight. The second is my menu board for the week. Today, the third picture, is what I wore to my interview this morning. The final pic is the remaining standing water on the back porch from all of the water!! I do love my wellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment