About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Seven Dwarfs of Auschwitz


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 24 March 2013
     Netflix 28 May 2016 
Director: Ursula Macfarlane
Running Time: 47 Minutes
Staring:  Warwick Davis Narrates
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? Yes

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.8 of 10
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
The actor, Warwick Davis, presents the story of the Ovitz family and their ordeal during World War II. From a successful musical act to being tortured and experimented on by Dr. Josef Mengele in a concentration camp. This story might have been lost to history if it weren't for the family's diminutive size, which made them a novelty as well as an inspiration.

MY REVIEW
I love documentaries and occasionally I run across one on Netflix that looks interesting. This was in that category. The story of the Ovitz family was not new to me as I did a research paper in college about Dr. Mengele, the Angel of Death of Auschwitz, and his inhuman experiments on the prisoners under his care. This unfortunately was only a footnote in the research. The 10 Ovitz family members were all dwarves as well as accomplished singers, dancers and actors in their time in Eastern Europe. They were sent to Auschwitz due to their Jewish heritage unfortunately putting them in the hands of Dr. Mengele. This is not a story for everyone.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • This is a story about beating the overwhelming odds. Survival. It's truly inspirational and makes one question the nature of people who would do something so terrible.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • The only thing, and this may be personal to me, but I would have liked it to be a little longer with greater detail. I mean, it did make me do some internet searches to find out more information, so maybe that was a good thing!


On a more personal note..... I finally found a cupcake carrier that I love! It just so happens to be perfect to carry 2 dozen cupcakes to work that I can share with my co-workers and friends! AND, my deck of Exploding Kittens came in today and I am so freaking amused with the new cards!! So much better than the iPhone game! And, the traditional selfie. I was wearing pink and pearls and it reminded me of college. Back in Delta Zeta, I learned how to accessorize!

No comments:

Post a Comment