About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, May 6, 2016

Captain America: Civil War


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 6 May 2016
Director: Anthony Russo and Joe Russo
Writer: Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Running Time: 147 Minutes
Staring:  Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johanssen, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Paul Bettany and many manny more!!
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.3 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
With many people fearing the actions of super heroes, the government decides to push for the Hero Registration Act, a law that limits a hero's actions. This results in a division in The Avengers. Iron Man stands with this Act, claiming that their actions must be kept in check otherwise cities will continue to be destroyed, but Captain America feels that saving the world is daring enough and that they cannot rely on the government to protect the world. This escalates into an all-out war between Team Iron Man (Iron Man, Black Panther, Vision, Black Widow, War Machine, and Spiderman) and Team Captain America (Captain America, Bucky Barnes, Falcon, Sharon Carter, Scarlett Witch, Hawkeye, and Ant Man) while a new villain emerges.

MY REVIEW
Well, let's just go ahead and be honest with ourselves for a moment. This is much less a Civil War and more of a Super Hero's fighting with each other War. I mean, it's not bad,  and overall, it was pretty impressive IN SPITE of it being just a Super Hero movie. I do love Tony Stark, well, Robert Downey Jr.. Yes, I know, it's supposed to be all about Captain America, Chris Evans, but he just doesn't do the same thing for me that good old RDJr does for me!! (I mean that in a very nice way!
I could pass for a super hero?
What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Direction: I feel like Anthony and Joe Russo did a good job juggling between A-Listers in this story. We all have our favorites in the Avengers and yes, this IS a Captain America movie, but there are a lot of stars who showed up!! I am NOT complaining!! Jeremy Renner's appearance does make me a very happy girl! And the ICING on the cake was bringing in the unexpected like Spiderman and Ant-Man (PAUL RUDD)!! Freaking Genius!
  • Flow: The story flows pretty nicely from the first to the second act and then into the third is where it falls apart for me. (See below)
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • THIRD ACT!! The villain is just not villainous enough for me. He's not interesting, bot bad. His story doesn't work for me at all!
  • CAMERA WORK!! The camera work is the one thing that annoys me when they try to get all artsy and get on the hand-held shaky cam. NO!!!!!! I hate that!
Other than those little hiccups, I did love this movie. It was pretty great!! Nice emotional pieces to give the story just enough for me to possibly see it a second time!!
On a more personal note..... Yesterday, we adopted a new little guy! This is little Rocket J.! (I don't know what the J. stands for yet, I guess he'll have to earn his middle name!

No comments:

Post a Comment