About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, May 13, 2016

The Darkness


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 13 May 2016
Director: Greg McLean
Writer: Shayne Armstrong, Shane Krause and Greg McLean
Running Time: 92 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? Yes, but it's because It's so terrible!

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.1 of 10
MY RATING: 3

STORYLINE
A family returns from a Grand Canyon vacation, haunted by an ancient supernatural entity they unknowingly awakened and engages them in a fight for their survival.

MY REVIEW
We've all heard the phrase.. 
Everything is better with Bacon! 
This movie proves that a lie! Poor Kevin Bacon. This was definitely not his best work. What happened to my Footloose Kevin Bacon? Are you turning into the new Nicolas Cage? Will you just agree to do any movie? Can we talk about this!?

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • I love the Grand Canyon and I enjoyed seeing it on film. Is that sad that that was the only redemption for this movie to me?
  • It gave me a reason to drink.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Could they have just written down the plot and stuck with it? This thing was all over the place. It felt like every character had a different storyline and NOT one single piece seemed to be connected. Example: What did Kevin Bacon's philandering past have to do with the story? The teenaged daughter and her weird bulimia habit of storing her vomit under her bed in tupperware?  Mom's an alcoholic?
  • It seemed to be a rip-off of Poltergeist.
  • The jump-scares are cheap and can be seen a mile away!
On a more personal note..... I LOVE having professional photographers for friends! Why? Yes, I am a bit of a narcissist and love to have my picture taken! I love this one!! Thank you, you know who, for taking it for me! I love the color and I agree that blue JUST might be my power color!! Also, Baby Rocket is quite possibly the cutest thing on the planet. He's just shy of 4 months. He also found a spot to hide at Darth Vader's feet in the entry. hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment