About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Green Room

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info:1 May 2016
Director: Jeremy Saulnier
Running Time: 1 Hour and 35 Minutes
Staring:  Anton Yeltsin, Imogen Poots and Alia Shawcat
Rating? R
SPOILERS? No

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.1 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
A punk rock band is forced to fight for survival after witnessing a murder of a neo-nazi at a skinhead bar gig.

MY REVIEW
I really wanted this to be beyond amazing. I had the highest of hopes and this movie was pretty damn near that for me. Sit was solid and had excellent performances. It's a must see for psychological thriller fans. This is really less horror, but it was almost there.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • This was perhaps the most interesting take on the adage of "Wrong Place, Wrong Time". There were times when I was watching that I was literally shaking my head a the twists and turns that just seemed to keep happening. It was surprising. There was an oppression that falls on the watcher with this film. The kind that almost keeps you from breathing. This is claustrophobia at its best. Loved this feeling.
  • The direction led by Jeremy Saulnier was near perfection. He's a veritable newbie in the directing gigs, but brings to the table a history of cinematography, special effects, casting, make-up and writing that works for him, and works for him well. He knows how to use these things in his took-box to make the production go a long way!
  • The character development is exquisite! Even though it was only an hour and a half, there were real feelings that happened for these people. They were multi-dimensional people who seemed to exist and not just as flat people in a movie. There were real feelings for them!
  • It's violent. It had to be violent. Without the violence, it would not have been successful.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Horror was not the right genre for this film.
  • Predictable, but passable ending.
On a more personal note.....   What a day! There was a sign on the EMPTY building in the shopping center behind my house when I got home from work today! Looks like we're getting a Harbor Freight! It's not the best store, but at least it's not an empty building for the criminals to hang out in front of!! The 3D Printer is really starting to produce some interesting pieces for me! Iron Man Helmet is well on it's way! Then there are the obligatory cat pics. Dexter Morgan and his big brother Jinx. I love them more than people sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment