About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, April 8, 2016

The Boss

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 8 April 2016
Director: Ben Falcone
Writer: Ben Falcone and Steve Mallory
Running Time: 99 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.3 of 10
MY RATING: 4

STORYLINE
A titan of industry is sent to prison after she's caught insider trading. When she emerges ready to rebrand herself as America's latest sweetheart, not everyone she screwed over is so quick to forgive and forget.

MY REVIEW
Well, It was a Saturday morning matinee and it was only $5. If I had paid full price on a night showing and bought soda and popcorn, this would have gone in a different direction. A very different direction.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • It was pretty funny. I will give them that at least!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • It was a little over the top on one-liners and was just a little cheesy about 60% of the time.
  • I do love and appreciate crude humor, but this sat on the line and crossed over just a little too much. I am no where near prudish, but seriously. That was just too much!!
  • Predictable as hell!!
  • An SNL skit gone entirely too long!!
  • This was not the greatest writing, lacked a sense of purpose other than the redemption of the main character.
  • This movie is just offensive to my sensibilities!!
On a more personal note..... I was taking a selfie, as usual, and I loved the way it turned out. So, I recolored it to black and white! I was still a little teary today because of Boomer. My 7 year old cat passed away this week and it really sucks. He had heart problems and it was unexpected and horrible! He was an awesome little guy who looked especially dapper in his bow ties. He will truly be missed.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment