About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jurassic World

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 12 June 2015
Running Time: 124 Minutes
Staring:  Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Irrfan Kahn, Vincent D'Onofrio and others...
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.5 of 10 Link
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 71% Audience: 83% Link
MY RATING: 8 of 10!

MY REVIEW:
Okay, it's a sequel and we've all been programmed to compare them to the original. This was no different. I wasn't expecting an Academy Award Winner, but I was going into the movie expecting a dinosaur laden, fun romp on Dinosaur Island.

I went into this movie with low expectations. I was surprised! The plot of 1) heres the dinosaur 2) the dinosaur gets loose 3) the dinosaur eats people was a little more interesting with the addition of the crowd of tourists. I liked the fact that they were addressing the parks visitors "boredom" with the standard dinosaurs by creating a new hybrid called "Indominous Rex." Seriously? What a name. I am considering renaming my youngest kitten Isabella because of that!!

Bryce Dallas Howard plays the perfect "Auntie" who can't be bothered when her nephews come to visit Jurassic World and leaves them in the obviously incapable hands of a lacky. I thought the idea was a little obvious, but I do consider myself a pretty decent judge of plot lines. Then there's Owen, perfectly played by Chris Pratt with his boyish charm and occasional witty remark. Well cast. They make an odd couple in the end, but in the grand scheme of things, who are we to say who is right for another person!

I did appreciate the showdown of sorts at the end. I won't give IT ALL away but there is an old gigantic friend who makes a cameo in the last twenty minutes of the movie.

A few small issues:  They seemed to follow the script of taking the typical archetypes from the "How to Write Anything" book.. I mean, come on, tech nerd saves the day.. ex-military dude is an evil twat, cool ex-navy hero, cold but likable lost princess, etc..

In the end, it was a good summer flick. Lots of adventure and action and I enjoyed it, especially the third act!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment