About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Insidious: Chapter 3

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 5 June 2015
Running Time: 97 Minutes
Starring: Dermot Mulroney, Stephanie Scott, Angus Sampson, etc.
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.5 of 10 Link
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 59% Audience: 60% Link
MY RATING: 7 of 10

MY REVIEW:
Full disclosure, I do LOVE a good Horror flick! I feel like this one may have been the best of the Insidious movie franchise. It gave me exactly what I expected from this type of movie: Jumps, Scares, and some disturbing imagry.

I did relate to the story line. I lost my father and the idea of being able to talk to him has not been far from my mind for the last ten years. This pulled at every piece of my heart with the young girl, Quinn Brenner, played by Stefanie Scott and her interactions with her father Sean, played by my on-screen crush, Dermot Mulroney. This movie does an awesome job of dealing with horror movie cliches in a way that does not make them seem trite and overused.

The observing audience member is left unable to intervene even through every ounce of you wants to just hug that girl and make her feel better, it's to no avail. She attempts to see a psychic to talk to her mom, played by the AMAZING Lin Shaye. (Sister to Bob Shaye, the founder of New Line Cinema and behind the Nightmare on Elm Street series.) She tells young Quinn that she cannot help and not to try to speak to the dead because the all hear you.

Of course, Quinn DOES NOT listen and continues to try to talk to her mother and eventually becomes the desire of some baddies who live in the demon and spirit filled "Further." That's when all do the crazy starts to happen.

My FAVORITE part is when the family calls in some "Paranormal Ghost Hunters" who have some hilarity to them since they are so reminiscent to some of these shows on tv right now. (Also, they are the same two that are in Inisdious: Chapter 2 which is set AFTER this movie) Watching them fail is pretty humorous to me!

Ending was decent. I am not a fan of happy endings in scary movies, and this is by no means happy, but there is resolution and it's not with everyone being bludgeoned to death. I appreciate the effort that was put into the movie and the attempts to re-scare the tired watchers of EVERY other horror movie out there!  Good Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment