About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Lucy


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 25 July 2014
Running Time: 89 Minutes
Staring:  Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman, Min-Sik Choi
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.4 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 66% Audience: 47%
MY RATING: 5

STORYLINE
A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables of her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

MY REVIEW:
The premise seemed pretty solid at the beginning. A relatively sexy woman kicks the asses of a ton of people. Yeah, that's what I thought too. Kind of overplayed. Kind of just okay. Not great. Not horrible.

This is where the spoilers are gonna start. Scarlett Johansson is tricked into bringing a case full of drugs to some crime syndicate in Korea. She's supposed to collect the money and go, but that's when things turn for her. I still had some pretty good vibes at this point. Then the crime lords sew up a few kilo's of the drug in her gut in order for her to smuggle it out of the country. So, the drug bad break and this drug comes crashing into her system, and makes her mentally and physically stronger than ever before or even what she could ever think of. Then her entire goal is to race to a scientist who she thinks can save her.

This is where it starts to love me. I can't get past the premise. This whole 10% of the brain thing is such a giant load of crap that it took me out of the movie. I get they were pandering to the group of people who actually believe that they only use 10%. But no. That was it for me. I THOUGHT!

So, now with crazy brain, Scar Jo becomes a X-Man and goes medieval on a ton of people. She can knock people over with a wave of her hand. She can stop time. Ridiculous!

The last few minutes of the movie are the most head-shakingly horrible. This movie really sort of checkmates itself. It's just thrill-less, with no real danger or suspense.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment