About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Date: 11 July 2014
Running Time: 130 Minutes
Staring:  Gary Oldman, Keri Russell, Andy Serkis, etc.
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 7.7 of 10 Link
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 90% Audience: 88% Link
MY RATING: 8

MY REVIEW:
You know, I was prepared to dislike this movie ever so mildly. I mean, I liked the first one, but it was not exactly my style. I was wrong.

I am typically ultra-ultra-judgemental of most movies, so when I say that hollywood has been putting out mediocre to abysmal movies, I mean, most of them are ehh.

The storyline is pretty interesting and the CGI is well done. The action scenes are really the piece that draws you in and they do feel realistic, even though you KNOW they are CG.

I won't go into any detail about the movie itself, just know that this was a pretty amazing film.

No comments:

Post a Comment