About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Purge: Anarchy


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 18 July 2014
Running Time: 103 Minutes
Staring:  Frank Grillo, Carmen Ejogo, Zach Gilford...
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.5 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 56% Audience: 57%
MY RATING: 7

STORYLINE
Sequel to The Purge. Three groups of people are trying to survive Purge Night, when their stories intertwine and left stranded in the Purge trying to survive the chaos and violence that occurs.

MY REVIEW:
This is the most un-sequely sequel that I ever seen! I did like the first one. It was anarchic, violent and fun. I feel that this was more along the line that I was hoping for in the first one. The director looks closely at the theme of class hierarchy that was completely void in the first.

It was a a pretty decent ride for the whole movie. I mean, it wasn't the greatest movie, but for what it was, it was good. (Hence the 7 instead of a 9).

In this sequel, we get to see more of what happens outside in the annual purge and it's awesome. There is definitely a sense of how the different classes are dealing with the purge. Some can afford the luxuries of bars and professional security and some, cannot and are the prey to wealthy.

The interesting part is the idea of the three groups eventual meeting. How they work together even though they are trying to survive. It's unique and it's definitely different from the other dumb horror movies out there. It was definitely worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment