About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy


GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 1 Aug 2014
Running Time: 121 Minutes
Staring:  Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Etc
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.1 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 91% Audience: 93%
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
A group of intergalactic criminals are forced to work together to stop a fanatical warrior from taking control of the universe.

MY REVIEW:
So, I was reluctant to see this but since it was not my turn to pick the movie, this is where we ended up. I will do my very best not to give any true spoilers, but to anyone who has seen the trailers, none of this will be a surprise.

A talking smarmy well-armed raccoon... a gigantic living true-person? Green aliens AND Chris Pratt? This was exactly the group o things that I did not expect to be amazing. This movie is a good arrangement of plot, character development, and excellent direction. Sequences at times do feel a little cliche or video-gamey, but it seems to work well.

I hate to say that I did actually enjoy this movie. I give it a solid 8. Maybe a few more views and it will grow on me even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment