About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Come Back to Me

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 25 July 2014
Running Time: 90 Minutes
Staring:  Jon Abrams, Andrew Beckham, Jeanette Branch
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.8 of 10
MY RATING: 3

STORYLINE
Sarah and Josh are married suburbanites. After a car accident, Sarah suffers blackouts and ends up pregnant even though Josh is sterile. As her life spirals she hides a camera in her home and unlocks a horrific secret with far-reaching consequences.

Based on the Resurrectionist by Wrath James White

MY REVIEW:
This is a lukewarm version of a very nasty and twisted novel.  It was okay if I'd never read the book, but just knowing what was in the book The Resurrectionist by Wrath James White and seeing it not be exactly what was in the movie was saddening. It felt to me that it was stripped of so many things other than the basic plot line. Luckily for the film, it was redeemed by not discounting the end and completely changing the concept of the finale.

This is less of a horror movie and more of a lifetime afternoon scare fest. The main character, Dale {Nathan Keyes} is the creepy neighbor and the instigator of the unpleasant occurrences is underdeveloped on the screen. One little flashback and one discussion with Dales Mom.  I don't even think that you could put onto film the words from his book. We only know that Dale can bring back the dead. He uses his power to sexually assault people, kill them, and bring them back to life and have no memories of the assaults. Dale is twisted. Pretty intensely twisted.

It just feels like there is something missing from the movie. I guess had I never read the book, I wouldn't have missed these pieces. Between the plot holes and the lack of care for the characters.. just not what I had hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment