About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Monday, October 1, 2012

An American Ghost Story


 Original Title: Revenant

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 1 October 2012
Running Time: 95 Minutes
Staring:  No one you'll know
Rating? UNRATED
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.3 of 10
MY RATING: 2 of 10

STORYLINE
When Paul, an unemployed writer, decided to rent and live in a house that's rumored to be haunted, he puts his life and his relationships in grave danger as he obsessively attempts to get the story that will finally make his career.

MY REVIEW:
Again, why did I decide to watch an UNRATED horror movie? I should know better, but since I am on this self-imposed quest to locate the best horror movies available.. I keep watching... in vain it seems..

There is some sort of story that seems to have been tied together with a shoe string. Lets take the main character Paul {Stephen Twardokus}, he wants to write the perfect ghost story and has moved into a house where murders occurred because he thinks that there might be a ghost. Then there;'s his live in girlfriend Stella {Liesel Kopp} has absolutely no problem with this even when he decorates the house EXACTLY like it was when the murders occurred. Sure, lets just assume she's a crazy person as well.

My issues arise about halfway through the movie when the intentions for "finding the truth" are apparently gone. The owner has disappeared and there is no explanation of what did happen to the family. All we see is furniture moving in the dark and a person (or ghost) whatever under a bed sheet.  The movie doesn't even discuss or discover who the supposed ghost was supposed to be.

I gave this movie a 2 because the music and simplicity, as well as a good couple of moments that kept me holding my breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment