About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Martian

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 2 October 2015
Director: Ridley Scott
Writer: Drew Goddard and Andy Weir
Running Time: 144 Minutes
Staring:  Pretty much just Matt Damon
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.2 of 10
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But, Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on a hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal earth that he is alive.

MY REVIEW
I think 8 is a pretty good rating for this movie. I think Hollywood is going to need a new genre of film soon.. Instead of drama or adventure, this would be a Save Matt Damon film. (Bourne, Interstellar, Saving Private Ryan type.) Basically, there are a few side characters who have some great lines, but this is mainly a Damon film. Yes, there are some decidedly unrealistic scenes and plot lines, but this is NOT a documentary, this is a movie!! It's bright and intelligent. Great show. Go see it!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Science- I am pretty happy that the writer/producer/director combination stuck with the science and did not try to dumb it down or modify it to be more "film acceptable." Well, at least there was a valiant attempt to be scientific and realistic. For the most part, they were successful!
  • Matt Damon- He was likable and made you care whether or not he would be saved from the desolate red planet. His use of science and silly statements made him all the more enjoying.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • I just couldn't give this higher than an 8.
  • Pretty formulaic for a suspense/rescue movie.


On a more personal note..... This week at work---- My cube neighbor Mike brought in a cold-brew coffee station and set it up at his desk. Interesting. It's quite delicious and convenient! I got a shoot (blanks) a gigantic gun in testing and I get a new Star Wars necklace! 

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment