About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Don't Blink

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 18 September 2014
Watched: Netflix 10 October 2015
Running Time: 1 Hour and 32 Minutes
Staring:  Brian Austin Green and Mena Suvari
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? NOPE

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.8 of 10
MY RATING: 3, Watch Drunk

STORYLINE

Ten people arrive at a secluded mountain resort to find it completely deserted. With no gas for the return trip, the visitors are forced to stay and investigate the mystery surrounding the abandoned lodge.

MY REVIEW:
So, Netflix has given me great fulfillment in the fact that I love scary movies and now, there are a ton of them that I have never heard of at the touch of the button. I saw this starred Brian Austin Green. {I was a closet 90210 fan}


I think it was a strong start, but it spins out into a death spiral really fast for me. There is no cliché that is left untouched. There is a general rule to storytelling and that I learned so many years ago from my favorite writing professor in college. 1- Get your hero/heroine up a tree. 2- Throw rocks at them. 3- Get them back down/ or not. This fails on so many levels!

Mixed with weak character development and stereotypes that are beyond ridiculous, this was a shallow attempt at a backstory that left me with no care for them at all. I really wanted them to all die!

If you want to see for yourself, it’s on Netflix! Big fail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment