About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 16, 2015

The Diabolical

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: Original release 16 March 2016 at SXSW Film Festival, release date 16 October 2015 via Blue Ray
Running Time: 1 Hour and 26 Minutes
Staring:  Ali Larter, Max Rose, Chloe Perrin
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS
IMDB: 4.6 of 10
MY RATING: 5

STORYLINE

Madison, a single mother, and her children, are awoken nightly by an increasingly strange and intense presence. She seeks help from her scientist boyfriend Nikolai, who begins a hunt to destroy the violent spirit that paranormal experts are too frightened to take on.

MY REVIEW:
I'd like to start by saying that this was a straight to Netflix movie and I can see why. It had a strong idea and failed to live up in several ways.

I thought this was going to be another Horror movie released to Netflix and it's "Unrated" rating gave me reservations. This was SOOO not a ghost story or horror flick at all. It was a pretty decent story dressed up to sell. It was good, but unpolished. This is definitely a Sci-Fi movie. It's slow to form and definitely takes about 45 minutes to really set the story in motion.

It's creative and imaginitive. Ending was worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment