About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 16, 2015

Crimson Peak

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 16 October 2015
Diretor: Guillermo del Toro
Running Time: 1 Hour and 59 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 6.6 of 10
MY RATING: 4

STORYLINE
Edith Cushing's (Mia Wasikowska) mother died when she was young but still watches over her. Brought up in the Victorian Era she strives to be more than just a woman of marriageable age. She becomes enamored with Thomas Sharpe (Tom Hiddleston), a mysterious stranger, After a series of meetings and incidents, she marries Thomas and comes to live with his and his sister, Lady Lucille Sharpe (Jessica Chasten), far away from everything that she has known. The naive girl soon comes to realize not everything is was is appears as ghosts of the past quite literally come out of the woodwork. Suspense more than gore.

MY REVIEW
I love Guillermo del Toro and typically find his movies to be refreshingly different. I'm not gonna lie, I chose this movie for the simple fact that Charlie Hunnam was in it! This was not the typical del Toro movie. Good not great. 

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Visually, this is a great movie. The settings, the camerawork. They were characters in themselves. 
  • Costumer did an awesome job!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • This is a badly written movie. The plot is so cheap that I as a typical horror movie watcher, saw through the twists and turns before they were even on the screen.
  • SOOO SLLLLOOOOOWWWW! Pick up the pace a little!
  • Back off on the CG a little, will you!?!?
  • The female characters! Oh My GOD!! This was too much sugary sweetness!
  • I was so bored that I actually wanted to get my phone out in the movie!



On a more personal note.... Went to get coffee with Kimber this morning in Norfolk. This poster was above the door and I loved it soon much! Storm Troopers with Kiss Faces! AND this afternoon, I drove home after work and I really love how the house is coming along. Can't believe it's been a months since we bought it!! And at the end of the day, Dexter Morgan had his baby check up at the vet and he fell asleep in my arms! I love this little guy! Who falls asleep at the vet?!?! This boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment