About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Imitation Game

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 25 Dec 2014
Running Time: 114 Minutes
Staring:  Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightly, Matthew Goode...
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 8.1 of 10
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics: 89% Audience: 92%
MY RATING: 10 of 10! Perfection!

MY REVIEW:
X\As a student of History, I've come across the name Alan Turing on multiple occasions and with each one, I am saddened to hear of the atrocities done to him. {Read about him here at Biography.com} I had to wipe the tears away more than once in this movie.

Back to the movie, it was a masterpiece. The story of the Enigma has been told a few times.. {Enigma-2001, All the Queen's Men- 2001 and U-571-2000}  Alan Turing was brilliant and Benedict Cumberbatch plays him to perfection.

This film speaks to the early days when Prof. Turing was recruited as a last resort to end the war. The movie spends the majority of the time watching him crack the code and build a special relationship with Joan Clarke, played by Keira Knightly. It was in Turing's brilliance that the code was cracked and then the second act hits like a bomb as you see Turing exposed as a homosexual and at the time, it was a crime in England and he was rewarded for his efforts to save England and all of the other Allies with Chemical Castration in lieu of prison. The film ends with what those of us who know about Turing was the end of something amazing.

See this movie. I cannot give a strong enough reccomendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment