About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 17, 2014

The Town that Dreaded Sundown

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 17 Oct 2014
Running Time: X Minutes
Staring:  Addison Timlin, Veronica Cartwright, Edward Herrmann
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS
IMDB: 5.6 of 10
MY RATING: 7 of 10- Decent

STORYLINE
Sixty-five years after a masked serial killer tormented the small town of Texarkana, the so-called 'moonlight murders' begin again. Is it a copycat or something even more sinister? A lonely high school girl, with dark secrets of her own, may be the ket to catching him.

MY REVIEW:
I remember watching the original Town that Dreaded Sundown when I was a kid. I grew up in East Texas about 150 miles from Texarkana.. where this ACTUALLY happened in 1946. Less than two hours drive to the place made it a simple watch for every slumber party that I went to when I was between he ages of 11 and 15.

This movie is less of a sequel and more of a prequel. Maybe a little of both. I did think it was pretty successful despite some issues that I may have had with this film.

What I did like was the tone set in the movie. Consistent scares throughout the movie. I like the feeling of dread that stayed with you. I loved the use of the camera angels and the colors that seemed to be intense and beautiful. The scares don't knock you out of your chair, but they are decent.

What did;t work for me was that it just wasn't as scary as it could have been. The love story attempt is odd and the final plot twist is just absurd.

Overall, it's a good slasher movie with some great camera work.

No comments:

Post a Comment