About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Friday, October 24, 2014

John Wick

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 24 October 2014
Director: Chad Stahelski
Writer: Derek Kolstad
Running Time: 1 Hour and 41 Minutes
Rating? R
SPOILERS? YES

REVIEWS

STORYLINE
An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him.

MY REVIEW
I really wanted to like this movie, I did. I have always loved Keanu and he's surprised me in the later years with some solid performances. I do believe 4 is the highest I can offer for this movie. The plot is simple, but realistically, it might be too simple.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • Some of the blocking for the fight scenes was pretty awesome. It's really obvious that Keanu did some work to make the fights right. 
  • That was abut it. 
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • So, you're telling me that John Wick is a ruthless assassin with the ability to kill seven guys with a pencil and a spoon. BUT, he is taken aback while Russian gangsters break into his home, beat him senseless, kill his puppy AND steal his car!?!?! 
  • This movie was mindless violence with little to no redeeming plot. It's violence for the sake of violence. That's it.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment