About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Jekyll and Hyde

GENERAL INFORMATION
View Date and Location: 3 Mar 2018 and the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts in Virginia Beach
Director: Jeff Calhoun

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 8

STORYLINE
No need to go into the story. We all know Jekyll and Hyde. Perfect Retelling

CAST
Constantine Maroulis as Dr. Jekyll and his alter ego DrMr. Hyde
Deborah Cox as Lucy
Teal Wicks as Emma Crew

MY REVIEW
My most favorite theater companion is the one who called me on a Sunday morning and said.. Hey, I've got an extra ticket to go see Jekyll and Hyde, wanna go? Basically, Lisa is awesome and I love to hang out with her and I jumped at the chance. Put on my fancy outfit and headed to meet her at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts in Town Center.

What a spectacular show! This was pretty amazing to watch, I had no idea who the main guy was, (American Idol guy) because I really don't watch  it, but man was his voice something else!

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • DIRECTION- Generally the direction was pretty good. There were a few things that were not quote to my liking, but they were not of real consequence.
  • COSTUME DESIGN- This felt like a retelling in a Victorian- Steam Punk
  • SET DESIGN- Local set artistry felt pretty spot on. I have to give credit to small theaters when they have to change set so quickly. The multi-use sets and wheels were perfect.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • COMPOSITION- The only that felt a little off was the music styling of loud rock music as the main theme. It was not exactly what I thought I would hear. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting, but unexpected and not quite right for me. It felt disjointed to the setting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment