About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 5 May 2017
     Lynnhaven AMC 18 7 May 2017
Director: James Gunn
Writer: James Gunn, Dan Abnett
Running Time: 2 Hours and 16 Minutes
Rating? PG-13
SPOILERS? NO

REVIEWS

STORYLINE
Set to the backdrop of 'Awesome Mixtape #2,' Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand. Written by Marvel Studios..


MY REVIEW
It's difficult to pinpoint why I just didn't feel this movie. It could possibly be that it was PG-13 and I typically HATE sitting in theaters with kids. This was part of the problem here too.

{Side Note- Dear Parents- If your kid cannot sit and enjoy the whole movie without you having to tell them to sit still and watch, kick my seat repeatedly or a hundred and fourteen other things that drive people crazy, DON'T BRING THEM!!}


This is a very by the book script. Nothing too big on the surprises or even the creativity. It just fell a little far from the mark for me. It was by no means a bad movie. It was entertaining and I liked it, but I didn't love it.

I think of it like this.. back in the day when a cassette tape came out there was an A side and a B side. Everyone loved the A side. It had all of the best songs. All of the best lyrics. Every song was a sing-a-long classic. Then there were the B sides. They were typically not your first choice, but they were from your favorite band, so you tried. You listen a few times and wait. Listen a few more and wait a little longer. But they just weren't as good as the A side. That's how I feel about this movie. It's the B side of the original. I wanted to like it more than I did. I gave it a good and decent shot. It was just a B side movie.
What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • The Music! There was not one song that I was not tapping my foot along with. 
  • Baby Groot! When last we saw Groot, he was in a flower pot dancing along to the music. He's the star of this movie of me. Beginning scenes showcase all that I love about Groot.
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Plot- A little heavy handed on the "Family is important" kick for me. Leaving ghee whole subplot when a family member betrays one of the characters a little outside of the ballpark. The plot was just below average.
On a more personal note..... Had some sweet kitty time today with three of the 4 bears. Dexter, Rocket and Isabella were super friendly. Jinx not pictured as he was more concerned with trying to escape into the backyard.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment