About the blog:

Well, hello!
Thanks for stopping by to read my opinions about movies that I see. Some are older and most are new. Some I go to see in the theaters (both live performances and movies) and some I watch from the comfort of my own couch and even more, I will watch from the amazing Netflix app.
Of course, these will be my personal thoughts about the targeted item, however, it will give you an idea of whether it's a colossal waste of time or worth a shot!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Night of the Living Deb

GENERAL INFORMATION
Release Info: 8 Oct 2015
     Netflix 21 Feb 2017
Director: Kyle Rankin
Writer: Andy Selsor
Running Time: 85 Minutes
Rating? Unrated
SPOILERS? Yes-ish

REVIEWS
MY RATING: 5

STORYLINE
After a girls' night out, endearingly awkward Deb wakes up in the apartment of the most attractive guy in Portland, Maine. She's thrilled, but she can't remember much of what got her there. Pretty boy Ryan only knows that it was a mistake and ushers her out of the door.. into a full-scale zombie apocalypse. Now, a walk of shame becomes a fight for survival as the mismatched pair discovers that the only thing scarier than trusting someone with your life... is trusting them with your heart.

MY REVIEW
I love zombie movies. I love awkward comedies. I love ridiculous tongue in cheek humor. This movie was all of that and more. I didn't go into it with much hope, but wow, was I wrong.  It was by no means perfect or even good, but it was funny for the most part and a even with the lack of a good story but a prescient warning that is subtext for most zombie movies that sits on the surface.  
Basically, it's Shaun of the Dead if it were written by 11th graders. It's a spoof. Funny, but not hilarious.

What I DID LIKE about this movie:
  • I love the romantic comedy- Deb and Ryan. Hilariously mismatched and like all romantic comedies, they are thrown together and have to sort it all out in the 85 minutes they have on screen. It works for the most part, but still a bit off.
  • Maria Thayer- I love her. She is just an adorable ginger and is PERFECT!!
What I DID NOT LIKE about this movie:
  • Bad writing and dialogue. This is a made-for Netflix type movie and it's not perfect. There are some major plot holes and some very un-nuanced story telling. It's the type of movie that you watch and not have to think. They feed you the story with a very large spoon. Even the idea that the water is contaminated which caused the zombie outbreak is just flat-out told in words instead of plot. Know you're audience.


On a more personal note..... Cute little Lego guy I got from a friend at work. Rocket, Jinx and Dexter sleeping on the cat tree and the Game of Thrones Iron Throne printed on my 3-D printer in a metal mix that I got wet and rusted.... Pretty damn cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment